Cakes and other snacks, they were successfully baked on the stove and enjoyed by all before electric oven was invented.
And even with new discoveries, we can always go back to old combustion methods, if we run out of electricity or gas or if our conventional ovens hold us back. So bake a cake without an oven.
To make a cake without an oven, you will need the following for the cake batter,
- 3 tablespoons of milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- The aroma of your choice (I use vanilla)
- Chocolate 1 teaspoon (optional)
- 300 grams of flour or cake flour
- 150 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120 grams of oil
Here are the equipments you will need for baking the cake
- Large aluminum container with lid (preferably used clean container)
- Aluminum pot or bowl that fits in the pan
- Foil paper (optional)
Medium pebbles, flat bricks or sandstones can also be used as a base for pots. However, be careful when using sand because it might accidentally fall into the cake mixture (you know we can never be too careful). ).
Step By Step Guide
- Prepare your baking sheet first by coating or lubricating it with parchment paper then gently rubbing it with flour.
- Then place the iron holder (or high aluminum plate or iron gauze) in a clean, empty, wide pan, properly cover the pan and heat it for 10 minutes over high heat.
- NB: Make sure the pan is clean, clean, and free of dirt or burning bark. If not, smoke when heated.
- As the pot is heating, stir the butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add eggs and mix well; Add milk, seasonings and coloring, also shake well and finally filter out baking powder and flour. Put everything together and place it on a prepared baking sheet.
- Now carefully open the hot pot and place your pan on the hot cupboard.
You can cover the container (before inserting the lid) with foil to prevent heat from escaping from the side of the lid.
- Never place the baking pan directly at the bottom of the baking pan, otherwise the cake will burn. Always make sure there is a gap between the cake pan and the hot pan or hot sand.
- Cover the pan again and let the cake bake on medium heat for about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low and continue baking for 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the cake) baking the cake). .
- If you use a foil tray as a baking sheet, you should check the cake faster because the cake in the foil tray will be faster.
- While handling the pot, be careful because it will be very hot. You should use oven gloves, if you have one; if you don’t, use a clean kitchen napkin.
- Open the pan and check its readiness by dipping the center with a skewer or toothpick, after 15 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked, but if it comes out wet, bake the cake briefly and test again after 5 minutes with the toothpick.
- Once the cake is ready, remove it from the hot pan and let it cool for 10 minutes before turning it over on a wire rack or plate.
Serve and enjoy